I have a number of places I'd like to travel to on my bucket list and Alaska is one of them. We have an Alaskan cruise booked for later in 2014 and I have a few books I'm going to read before we go.
|The Trail of Ninety-Eight by Robert Service|
- Trail of '98 by Robert Service - I have a first edition of this and it's been years since I've read it, so it will be like reading it for the first time.
- Alaska by James A. Michener - although this author can get a little long winded in his descriptions of the history of a region, I look forward to learning about the formation of Alaska and how the people that live there came to be there.
- The Klondike by Pierre Burton - I started this book at one time and never finished. It was in my parent's library and I will have to look for it in the library as it's no longer there!!
- Kate Shugak novels by Dana Stabenow - I am about 5 books into this series and enjoy reading a series with a great female lead.
- Walking My Dog Jane by Ned Rozell - An account of the author's journey along the Alaska pipeline and the people met along the way. Just reading the reviews on Good Reads makes this a book I'd like to read.